Thursday, April 06, 2006

What's Growin' On: 4/6/06


Greek Oregano Overwintered In The Greenhouse Has Taken Off

Note: My apologies to those of you having problems leaving comments on this site. I just tried to leave one and it wouldn't work, and yet while I was re-entering the word verification over and over (and resisting the urge to tear my hair out), four comments were successfully left by others. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.

If you have just written a very long comment and don't want to lose it, but Blogger won't accept it, you can highlight it with your cursor, copy it, and then save it to your wordpad or notepad and come back and try to leave it later. I have trained myself to always copy my comments (and blog posts) before hitting Preview or Publish--I learned the hard way, having had too many comment replies that had taken a half hour to write just vanish into thin air.

You are also welcome to leave your comments at
FarmgirlFare.com Or you can email me: farmgirlfare AT gmail DOT com. Hopefully Blogger will get itself straightened out soon. In the meantime, I appreciate your patience.

4 comments:

  1. When I planted oregano in the ground, it not only took off but took over. Seattle winters are mild enough for most things in my herb garden to make it to spring in good shape. The oregano would just not let go. I had to dig it all out, fight with it,and banish it one pot. The other herbs breathed a sigh of relief as they watched the school yard bully get hauled away. But we still love to eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same invasive problem with Greek oregano in North Carolina! But I learned and stuck it away in spots where not much else would grow, and it's doing okay. It started in a pot on the front porch and actually jumped from the pot to the ground below.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Agnes,
    Welcome to my garden! LOL, I love the image of oregano as the school yard bully getting hauled away. I do envy your Seattle weather, though. Looking forward to hearing from you again.

    Hi Laurie,
    Hmmmm. Maybe I shouldn't be so afraid to put my dear oregano straight into the ground. So many of my herbs seem to vanish over the winter, and I really don't want to imagine life without fresh oregano. But jumping oregano? I don't know. : )

    Hi Guiaguau,
    Hola and welcome to my garden!

    ReplyDelete

March 2013 update: My apologies for the inconvenience - I know word verification is a pain - but I've had to turn it on to help stop the ridiculous number of anonymous spam comments I've been getting every day. Thanks for your understanding.

Welcome to InMyKitchenGarden.com! Thanks so much for taking the time to write. While I'm not always able to reply to every comment, I receive and enjoy reading them all.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and I especially love to hear about what's going on in your own garden. I know, too, that other readers also delight in reading about your garden successes, failures, helpful tips, and lessons learned. Feel free to leave comments on older posts!

I try my best to answer all questions, but sometimes it takes me a few days to get to them. And sometimes, I'm sorry to say, they fall through the cracks, and for that I sincerely apologize.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope you enjoy your visits to my kitchen garden!