Sunday, April 30, 2006

What's Growin' On: 4/30/06


The Chives Are Blooming Already

Realization Of The Day:
Early morning is deifnitely my favorite time of day in the garden. Morning dew, the cheerful chirping of birds, sleepy sunshine waking up, poking about to see what went on in the darkness, daydreams and endless possibilities. . .

From Garden To Table:
--Another small but sublime serving of asparagus smothered in butter.
--The first 'fake' scallions sprinkled over my salad. Delightful. (Click here to read more about growing onions and how to harvest your own 'fake' scallions. You probably still have time to start some onion sets. Plant them on May 2nd, 3rd, or 4th for best results.)
--I did end up creating a unique arugula pesto the other day and have been experimenting with it (and eating gobs of the stuff--all in the name of research of course). Will write more about that hopefully soon.

Coming Up:
The Desperate Gardener & Her Potato Planting Experiment.

1 comment:

  1. I'm very, very interested in that arugula pesto. I often have arugula usage "emergencies" because it is so prolific and then bolts so quickly in our weather.

    Plus, mmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete

March 2013 update: My apologies for the inconvenience - I know word verification is a pain - but I've had to turn it on to help stop the ridiculous number of anonymous spam comments I've been getting every day. Thanks for your understanding.

Welcome to InMyKitchenGarden.com! Thanks so much for taking the time to write. While I'm not always able to reply to every comment, I receive and enjoy reading them all.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and I especially love to hear about what's going on in your own garden. I know, too, that other readers also delight in reading about your garden successes, failures, helpful tips, and lessons learned. Feel free to leave comments on older posts!

I try my best to answer all questions, but sometimes it takes me a few days to get to them. And sometimes, I'm sorry to say, they fall through the cracks, and for that I sincerely apologize.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope you enjoy your visits to my kitchen garden!